Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chalk and Wire/ Liscensure

This week's lecture really got me thinking about all the little details of the Education department I need to be thinking about. For example, right now I have no idea which state I want to get liscensed in... What differences between states do I need to look at to help me decide? I am thinking either Minnesota or Wisconsin, but I really have no idea. Maybe international!

Last spring I learned about chalk and wire in Ed 217 and may have submitted 1 or 2 artifacts. Until this week's lecture I did not realize how useful chalk and wire could be; uploading assignments just to have them there but not submiting them, including assignments from non-education courses, etc. I am hoping to use it a lot more from now on. I would like to build up a large collection of quality artifacts.

Any Advice?
I have been debating lately whether I want to change French into another teaching area for my major (technically would be adding on French major + Secondary Ed minor.) I want to continue with my freench and I think it could be helpful to be able to teach another subject in addition to Music. It would however take me longer to get through all of the music, french, music ed, and secondary ed courses. I'm just trying to look at the pros and cons. Let me know if you have any thoughts on my dilemna.

2 comments:

bdepperson said...

It's really hard to do everything we want to do at Luther, especially with music and education!
Part of me would say that you would have a really hard time adding French on, but part of me would also say that I'm sure becoming a multi-subject teacher only makes you more marketable.

Anna Kenyon said...

Well Hannah, I say go for it. Yes we want to graduate in time, but think about how much more you will be able to do with French and a secondary ed. minor. It is one or two semesters for something that can help you for the rest of your career.