Friday, November 7, 2008

"The Last Lecture" blew me away... again

My study group read Randy Pausch's book "The Last lecture" and are preparing a presentation on it. This book was such an inspiration... I could go on, but you'll learn more about the book and our opinions of it in our presentation. I have been rereading parts of the book very carefully and looking for specific details that we can include in our presentation. I have not forgotten (nor do I think I will forget) the impact this book has had on me, but lately I have felt like I'm forgetting that this, all of Pausch's unique stories and reminiscences of big dreams coming true, were accomplished by a real person. In order to make it more real to me I watched his complete lecture on YouTube. Wow! Yes, the book is very well written, but there's something about the emotion enthusiasm of a person that can't quite be captured in the same way in a book. I wouldn't go to the point of saying watch the video over the movie because the book expands on some of the ideas that he briefly touched on in the actual lecture, but I do think seeing Randy and hearing his voice share his message is very powerful. I have included the link to this video on the side bar... "Randy Pausch's Last Lecture." I encourage EVERYONE to watch it! : )

2 comments:

bdepperson said...

It's hard to stay constantly inspired, but after experiencing Randy Pausch, either through the book or the actual video of his lecture, one feels that they should certainly do more in their life.

Anna Kenyon said...

I also went away from this book feeling very inspired. As I know you experienced, I wanted to share this inspiring book with many others.