Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chalk- part 1


We staretd watching the video, "Chalk" this past Monday night and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I love the "The Office"-like humor. I found my self not intentionally thinking about the Ed Psych conceptual part of the movie while watching it, but mostly just sitting back and enjoying. Now as I recall what all went on in the first half of the video I have been putting on my future-teacher thinking cap and thinkling about how the teachers in the film handled situations. For example, when the new History teacher just leaves the room when his class is acting up and not giving him his chalk back I am thinking "Did that really just happen?" When i think about it this teacher and the others are really not too far off from how some teachers truly act. When thinking about some of the actions of the teachers in the film, I have a hard time thinking of what I would do differently. Hopefully the 2nd half of "Chalk" will give me some ideas.

To be continued...

2 comments:

bdepperson said...

Yes, the first year history teacher had some classroom management issues... as will we, at some point. Let's just hope we handle it a bit better!

Anna Kenyon said...

There will always be learning experiences while we teach, many of them trhough classroom management issues. As future educators we need to remember to keep evaluating how we handle situations